We Also Offer Dryer Vent Cleaning!
Modern clothes dryers are a far cry from the early models and have all sorts of fancy bells and whistles to make doing laundry fast and effortless. But one thing they can’t do for you is clean their own vents! Why are clean dryer vents so crucial?
- Every year, thousands of house fires that occur in the U.S. are caused by clothes dryers — mainly as a result of clogged or dirty vents. Lint is a highly flammable deposit and as it builds up, it starves the dryer of oxygen, which in turn leads to longer, hotter dry times. These higher temperatures can ignite the lint, which is why clogged vents result in thousands of house fires every year. The team at CinderBox Chimney Services wants to get those numbers down to zero, at least here in the Indianapolis area, by providing fast, thorough, clean, and affordable dryer vent cleaning services to our customers.
- When the passageway of the vent is restricted by lint, the dryer is starved for air and can’t dry your clothes as quickly and effectively as it would otherwise. Longer dry times means more time spent doing laundry and waiting for that load to finish so you can start the next. It also means more energy used, higher utilities, more wear and tear on your clothing, and more work for your dryer. You may think you have a dryer problem, when really you just need a clean and clear vent.
- You may not have considered it much before, but if you have a gas clothes dryer, it produces carbon monoxide just like any other gas appliance. When the attached dryer vents are clogged, this dangerous and deadly gas can be prevented from exiting the home and can instead end up in your air supply. And since it’s odorless, tasteless, and invisible, that’s not a problem you want to have.
When Do Dryer Vents Need To Be Cleaned?
So how often should you have a dryer vent cleaning performed? It depends on the size of your family, the path your dryer vents travel, and how much laundry you do! Some families may need to have their vents cleaned at least once a year, while others may be fine scheduling a cleaning every couple of years. We have the equipment to test the airflow in your dryer vents and can let you know if you’re overdue for a cleaning or if you can put it off another year. You can also look for signs that your dryer vents are clogged. Here are some of the top signs:
- a burning or “hot” smell on your clothes and in your laundry room when your clothes dryer is in use
- a dryer that is hotter to the touch than usual after a dry cycle
- an increase in the time it takes for your clothes dryer to completely dry your laundry
Have Your Dryer Vents Tested & Cleaned Today
Are you overdue for a dryer vent cleaning? The skilled technicians here at CinderBox Chimney Services are Certified Dryer Exhaust Technicians (CDET), have years of experience performing dryer vent cleanings, and can make sure your family’s laundry operation continues running smoothly and safely. Give us a call at 317-442-8440 today to have your dryer vent’s airflow tested or to schedule your cleaning. You can also request an appointment right here on our website!